Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Domesticity

So I am as much a Hearth and Home Goddess, as I am a Warrior, Art and Love one. :-)

Sorry I have been scarce around these parts. The last 2 months have been very busy in sifting through and reinventing large aspects of my Journey. :-)

I moved into an apartment share back in mid September, and pretty immediately knew that it twas not for me.

I have since procured an absolutely beautifull apartment of my own- just 1 1/2 blocks away-, that I am moving into on Solar Samhain. Happy New Year indeed. :-)

I am hand sewing and embroidering napkins, dish towels and such for the new place. As well as decorating from a far. The apartment is in a Victorian limestone brownstone. Complete with 2 original fire places(they don't work-but the mantel pieces are Stunning). One in the Bedroom, the other in the living room(hearth magic! Woo hoo!!). The original claw foot tub is still there. As is the original stained glass in the living room windows, over looking a very large Sycamore tree. :-)

I have been making a fair amount of new things. Mostly fly agaric related via sewing. I will post piccies soon. ish. ;-)

My current apartment is filled with delicious fall baking smells. As I've just pulled my first home made batch of granola out of the oven. And I decided to go with an Indian kheer overtone, adding in freshly ground cardamon and organic rose hydrosol to the mix(I'm writing a some what Decadent cookbook on cooking with edible organic flowers). I'll let you all know how it turns out, and if it's book worthy!

Happy Fall Everyone!

Brightest Blessings,
xx
Ayanna*♥

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi there! Your apartment sounds wonderful and that granola sounds so yummy too :-)

Green of Eye, Sharp of Claw said...

Hey chick! Ah how i missed your words.Hope all is well and that you're taking it easy.
Mar